As a public service we value all complaints and comments of concern received, irrespective of whether they are of a minor or serious nature, and your complaint will be dealt with in accordance with the following complaints procedure:
- We will listen carefully to your complaint.
- We will provide you with a written acknowledgement of your complaint within five working days.
- We will tell you the name and telephone number of the person dealing with your complaint.
- We will give you a written response within 28 working days; if we cannot give you a complete answer then we will tell you what we are doing to investigate the complaint and how long we expect it to take.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome you have the right to appeal to the Chief Fire Officer, and/or the Chair of the Fire Authority by contacting the Service's Complaints Officer by phone on 01743 260204 or by writing to Service Complaints Officer, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service, Headquarters, St Michael's Street, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 2HJ.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your appeal to the Chief Fire Officer, and/or the Chair of the Fire Authority you can appeal to the Local Government Ombudsman.
Complaints can be made to the Service using our contact form.
The Service’s Complaints Officer can be contacted on 01743 260 204 or 01743 260 225 should you wish to discuss any aspect of the complaints procedure further.
Further details regarding the role of the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) may be found at www.lgo.org.uk.
For advice about making a complaint or to make a complaint to the Ombudsman over the phone, you will need to contact the LGO Helpline on 0300 061 0614.