I am writing to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, to request information relating to callouts to farm fires for the past five years, from the beginning of 2015 to date
• Date of event (ideally full date, but at least month and year)
• Geographical location, e.g. postal area (as granular as possible without being disclosive of personal data)
• Cause or suspected cause (if known)
• Location of fire (ie domestic, agricultural building containing animals, out building not containing animals)
• Whether farmed animals were involved
• Types of farmed animal involved (cattle, poultry etc.)
• Farmed animals killed (Y/N)
• Number of farmed animals killed (exact number if known – although any quantification available would be useful)
I would appreciate the information as a list of events with the above information by month. If a detailed list is not available, summary information by month would be useful. Please provide as an Excel spreadsheet or compatible format.
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. Please find spreadsheet attached. Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service do not record specifically if farm animals are involved or the type of animal when fire is involved. Sheet 2 on the spreadsheet is an extraction of the incident logs which indicate some involvement of animals. Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service do not record if animals were killed.
If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can complain or request an internal review of the decision. This must be done within 40 working days of receiving this response. You can do this by writing to the Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service, St. Michael’s Street, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 2HJ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113