We are writing to you to request information
This is a request for information on floods and flood impacts that occurred between November 2019 and March 2020. Please respond with any data you have, with an appropriate licence if necessary, by 26th February 2021 to this email address.
The types of information we would like to collect from your organisation are:
- Information on the locations and dates of flooding
- Information on the source(s) of flooding (e.g. river, coastal, surface water, groundwater, reservoir)
- Information on depth of flooding (in metres)
- Information by location and date about what was impacted during the flooding:
- Number of flood-related incidents attended
- Cost of attending incidents
- Number of assets damaged by flooding (e.g. buildings, equipment) and associated damage/repair/replacement costs
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. Please find attached spreadsheet with information requested.
With regard to cost of responding to each incident an indicative cost can be worked out for each incident which is based upon the equivalent special services charges tariff for 2020/21
(please follow the link: https://www.shropshirefire.gov.uk/special-services-charges-202021 ). This can be calculated by determining the number and type of vehicles attended and the length of time they were in attendance.
If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled, you can complain or request an internal review of the decision. This must be done within 40 working days of receiving this response. You can do this by writing to the Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service, St. Michael’s Street, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 2HJ or email: email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113