The aspirations of the History Society are to historically research each of the 23 fire stations in Shropshire and to create a historical timeline of events to be not only be displayed at the station but to be available online on the Brigade website. Once completed the local community will be invited to attend a Historical Open Day to browse over old photos and memorabilia at each of these stations. Our current main aims are:
- To run mobile historical Exhibitions/Open Days at the 23 different fire stations around Shropshire.
- To advance education by studying, promoting, and conserving the history of the fire stations in Shropshire.
- To collect, restore and display items pursuant to the above.
- To have a Social Media presence.
- To eventually establish and maintain a working museum dedicated to the subject, for the benefit of the public.
- To work closely with Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service in the wider promotion of fire safety in the community, and to use its collections & research to further this aim.
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service History Society is a completely run volunteer group. Unfortunately due to the society only currently consisting of a handful of volunteers getting out and about to meet everyone that has so far been in touch is proving difficult and may take some time. If you would like to get in touch with regards to historical items or for information please email us at email@example.com and we will try and respond as soon as possible.