What is a Home Fire Safety Visit?
The purpose of the visit is to ensure that you are aware of potential hazards within the home and can take appropriate actions. The visit is not to judge your lifestyle, but to keep you safe from fire.
What will we do?
- Arrange a convenient time to visit
- Talk about the main causes of fire in the home
- Test smoke alarms
- Discuss points to consider when making a home fire escape plan
- Give advice on the action to be taken in the event of a fire
To book your free home fire safety visit, please call 01743 260 260 or for further advice and assistance contact the Fire Prevention Team.
Free smoke alarm eligibility
To qualify for a free smoke alarm from Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
- Over 75 years old
- Long term sickness
- Have a disability
- Be physically unable to fit smoke alarms
For further details please contact 01743 260 200.