For residents currently experiencing the impacts of Storm Dennis, Public Health England have put together a list of handy tips and links for once the waters are receding. Full guidance can be found here https://t.co/tHCDgjB1Xx
- For advice on how to clean up safely after a flood please see here for more information http://tinyurl.com/glutyem
- Make sure there is good ventilation if you are using portable indoor heating appliances to dry out indoor spaces.
- Do not use petrol or diesel generators indoors: the exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide which can kill.
- Avoid contact with flood water & wash hands regularly.
- If it’s safe to do so please check on vulnerable & elderly neighbours.
- Feeling tired and anxious is normal after you have been flooded. If possible contact friends and family for support.
For up-to-date flood risk information: flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings