Insurance and insurance documents

As soon as possible and, preferably before you incur any expenses or commit yourself to any expense (for example, asking a builder to protect your roof), contact your insurance agent, broker or Company for approval.

  • They may wish to inspect your property or contents before anything is moved or disposed of
  • If you incur expenses - keep receipts

You may have two separate policies, with different companies, one for the structure and one for the contents.

Ensure you contact both of them.

  • Obtain and complete a claim form, list all property, goods or contents damaged and return it to the address given
  • Your Insurance Company will advise when specialist cleaners are to be employed by them

You may be shocked or upset, but do discuss the basis under which the insurance company intend to settle your claim.

If you have lost policies, your broker or agent will be able to provide duplicates.